Prepare yourself for South Africa’s ODI series against New Zealand with a testing string of trivia. The answers are at the bottom of the page, but we’re trusting you won’t scroll down until you’ve had a good go at the 10 questions.
1. When last did South Africa and New Zealand meet for a bilateral three-ODI series?
a) January 2013
b) February 2012
c) December 2011
2. What was the result of the aforementioned series?
a) South Africa won two-one
b) New Zealand won two-one
c) Series tied one-all, with one washout
3. Who holds South Africa’s highest ODI score against New Zealand?
a) Dave Callaghan
b) Herschelle Gibbs
c) Nicky Boje
4. How many of AB de Villiers’ 6 780 ODI runs have come against New Zealand?
5. Which of the following is true?
a) Faf du Plessis has scored an ODI century against New Zealand
b) Hashim Amla has scored an ODI century against New Zealand
c) Graeme Smith has scored an ODI century against New Zealand
6. Which bowler has South Africa’s best ODI figures against New Zealand?
a) Makhaya Ntini
b) Jacques Kallis
c) Allan Donald
7. Only two members of South Africa’s current touring squad have taken a five-wicket haul in ODI cricket against New Zealand. Who are they?
a) Dale Steyn and Wayne Parnell
b) Morne Morkel and Wayne Parnell
c) Morne Morkel and Imran Tahir
8. Who was South Africa’s captain during the 2004 ODI series in New Zealand?
a) Graeme Smith
b) Nicky Boje
c) Shaun Pollock
9. South Africa and New Zealand have met for 58 ODIs. How many have South Africa lost?
10. South Africa have used seven wicketkeepers in ODI cricket against New Zealand. Mark Boucher, Errol Stewart, Dave Richardson, AB de Villiers, Quinton de Kock, Steve Palframan and …
a) Thami Tsolekile
b) Nic Pothas
c) Heino Kuhn
1. a) January 2013
2. b) New Zealand won two-one
3. a) Dave Callaghan (169 not out, Centurion, December 1994)
4. c) 401
5. c) Graeme Smith has scored an ODI century against New Zealand
6. a) Makhaya Ntini (five for 31, Melbourne, February 2002)
7. b) Morne Morkel and Wayne Parnell
8. a) Graeme Smith
9. b) 20
10. b) Nic Pothas