The Lions claimed their second win of the T20 Knock Out after beating South Western Districts by four wickets at the Kimberley Oval on Sunday.
The Lions’ victory means that the two teams from Pool A to qualify for the knock-out round of the competition will only be determined following the final pool match between the Northern Cape Heat and Western Province.
All-rounder Ruan Haasbroek was the Lions’ hero, taking 1-25 before scoring 44 not out off 38 balls. He hit the winning runs with a ball to spare.
Earlier, SWD captain Jean du Plessis top-scored with 41 as his team posted 129-6.
|Northern Cape Heat||2||0||2||0||0||0||-0.60|
- The Heat cannot qualify.
- If Western Province lose against the Heat, then both the Lions and SWD qualify. In this case, the Lions finish first having beaten SWD.
- If Western Province win with a bonus point, they finish top of the table and the Lions finish second after beating SWD.
- If Western Province win without a bonus point, there will be a three-way tie at the top of the log and the teams with the two best net run rates with advance.
- If Western Province bat first, they will need to win by approximately 30 runs to go ahead of SWD on net run rate and approximately seven runs to go ahead of the Lions.
- If Western Province bat second they will need to win in approximately 16.2 overs to go ahead of SWD on net run rate and approximately 19.1 overs to go ahead of the Lions.
- The actual requirement will be determined once the first innings of the game is completed.
Photo: Frikkie Kapp/Gallo Images