2019 was another bumper year in cricket which saw a Proteas quarrel, Kagiso Rabada and KP among the headline grabbers. Here our 11 best read stories of the year …
- Do you recall fast bowler Kagiso Rabada and wicketkeeper Quinton de Kock sharing a tiff, as the Proteas’ struggled in the second Test against India in Pune?
- The Paarl Rocks played the Nelson Mandela Bay Giants without fast bowler Hardus Viljoen … Faf du Plessis hilariously explained why.
- The news of former Proteas batsman Gulam Bodi’s prison sentence for his role in spot-fixing took a twist on social media.
- Cape Cobras head coach Ashwell Prince reacted sarcastically to reports that former Proteas coach Gary Kirsten will mentor team director Enoch Nkwe during the Test series against England.
- West Indian batsman Chris Gayle left the 2019 edition of the Mzansi Super League with a self-indulgent rant.
- Quinton de Kock chatted about the tussle between himself and Andre Russell in the clash between the Mumbai Indians and the Kolkata Knight Riders.
- Watch and learn!
- AB360 hit a one-handed six and our readers fell in love all over again.
- KG took out Stuart Binny’s middle stump with a blistering 149 km/h yorker.
- Former captain Graeme Smith labelled the decision to have vice-captain Temba Bavuma represent the Proteas at toss for the third and final Test against India in Ranchi ‘quirky and pathetic’.
- News from the IPL got our readers talking.
Photo: Gallo Images