Cricket South Africa has announced a new format called 3 Team Cricket, which will launch in the Solidarity Cup at Centurion on 27 June.
AB de Villiers will captain the Eagles, Quinton de Kock the Kites and Kagiso Rabada the Kingfishers in a format that will pit eight-man teams against each other in 36-over matches played over two halves of 18 overs.
Here’s a summary of the new format:
– A match of three teams comprising eight players
– 36 overs in two halves of 18 overs
– One innings of 12 overs each per team
– Bat and bowl to one opponent in each half for six overs
– After seventh wicket the last batter stands alone
– Maximum three overs per bowler to either opponent
– Most runs wins gold, second silver, third bronze.
This match will be played behind closed doors SuperSport broadcasting it at 11am.
The teams are:
Eagles: AB de Villiers (c), Aiden Markram, Rassie van Dussen, Kyle Verrynne, Andile Phehlukwayo, Sisanda Magala, Junior Dala, Lungi Ngidi.
Kites: Quinton de Kock (c), Temba Bavuma, JJ Smuts, David Miller, Dwaine Pretorius, Lutho Sipamla, Beuran Hendricks, Anrich Nortje.
Kingfishers: Kagiso Rabada (c), Reeza Hendricks, Janneman Malan, Faf du Plessis, Heinrich Klaasen, Chris Morris, Glenton Stuurman, Tabraiz Shamzi.