
Remembering Steyn's first Test five-for
Sunday, 19 April 2020 marks exactly 14 years since fast bowlers Makhaya Ntini and Dale Steyn shared 10 fourth-innings wickets to consign New Zealand to a 128-run defeat in the Test series opener in Centurion.
Sunday, 19 April 2020 marks exactly 14 years since fast bowlers Makhaya Ntini and Dale Steyn shared 10 fourth-innings wickets to consign New Zealand to a 128-run defeat in the Test series opener in Centurion.
English spinner Dom Bess says he was surprised by the lack of aggression shown by the Proteas during the recent Test series between the two countries in South Africa.
Former England star Kevin Pietersen launched his very own YouTube channel on Saturday and his first video was a hilarious challenge from the past where he batted blindfolded against a bowling machine.
Today 14 years ago, Australian bowler Jason Gillespie became the first nightwatchman to hit a double ton in Test cricket; a record that still stands.
In the second instalment of a two-part series, SA Cricket magazine’s writers pick their best international ODI XI of the past 30 years.
The Proteas are in search of a Test captain following the confirmation that Quinton de Kock will not take up the responsibility. SA Cricket magazine looks at the records of four likely candidates.
Today 12 years ago Brendon McCullum lit up the very first IPL match, which was played between the Kolkata Knight Riders and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Cricket South Africa is taking an encouraging long-term approach by locking down Graeme Smith and easing Quinton de Kock’s workload, writes JON CARDINELLI.
Saturday, 18 April 2020 marks exactly 28 years since the start of South Africa’s return to Test cricket, after more than two decades away due to political isolation. The West Indies hosted the tourists at the Kensington Oval in Bridgetown, Barbados.
Proteas opening batsman Janneman Malan turned 24 years old on 18 April 2020. Malan has played three ODIs and two T20Is since last year’s international debut.
Friday, 17 April 2020 marks 13 years since former Proteas all-rounder Andrew Hall claimed a maiden five-wicket haul.
In the second instalment of a two-part series, SA Cricket magazine’s writers pick their best international ODI XI of the past 30 years.
Spinner Tabraiz Shamsi is determined to make the most of his opportunity after stepping into a frontline role in the Proteas’ limited-overs teams.
South Africa’s director of cricket Graeme Smith says Quinton de Kock will only serve as the Proteas’ limited-overs captain in order to ensure he is not overburdened.
Graeme Smith says he is ‘determined to get South African cricket back to where it belongs as one of the world leaders at international level’.