Share your cricket story and stand a chance to win a cricket set of a Kratos bat, pads, gloves and kit bag (as used by Pite van Biljon of the Knights and Jozi Stars) sponsored by SM Cricket SA, your cricket specialist.
Share the story of your great cricketing achievement, fun anecdote, joke or humorous sledge with us – or even just a great or inspiring cricketing moment – and you could win a full cricket kit of a Genesis Kratos bat, pads, gloves and bag to the value of R8 999, courtesy of SM Cricket SA.
Send your text entry (along with a photo or photos) to [email protected], or send us a link to your video entry on YouTube or Instagram … or send us your video entry direct to [email protected] via Wetransfer or Yousendit.
Your entry could be a great team moment, a celebration, a motivational talk, an interview with yourself and/or a teammate, or even some footage of you doing training drills or showing off some classic skills (check out the Dude Perfect team for inspiration).
Why not interview yourself?
If you’ve just pulled off a great performance on the field, why not enjoy the chance to have your own post-match interview to share your experience with our readers. Here are some questions you can answer in this interview – and you’re welcome to make it a selfie interview if you don’t have anyone available who can ask you the questions:
- Tell us about your innings/bowling performance/fielding performance?
- What challenges did you overcome to pull it off?
- What was the most memorable moment from your performance?
- Tell us something interesting about you, your team … or the opposition!
However, your entry doesn’t have to be anything fancy or elaborate – even a short text story about a special cricketing moment that you’d like to share with readers will be great. Yes, there’s a really cool prize at stake, but we’re also looking to showcase South African guys and gals sharing their fun and inspiring cricket moments with our readers.
A selection of readers’ entries will be published on www.sacricketmag.com and on our social media channels – so please don’t send us any information, text or visuals that you don’t want to see published online.
Entries from kids under 18 must be sent in by a parent or guardian.
The winner will be presented with their prize, either by the big-hitting Pite van Biljon or by another Genesis brand ambassador* and the winning entry will be published in the next issue of SA Cricket magazine (April-June 2019).
This competition is open to anyone living in South Africa.
Entries close on 25 March 2019 and the winner will be selected on 31 March 2019.
* The winner’s prize will be presented to him or her by Pite van Biljon (or a Genesis ambassador) in one of South Africa’s major cities (Joburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth or Bloemfontein) in April 2019. If the winner lives outside of (or is unable to travel to) one of those cities, then an alternative arrangement will be made for them to receive their prize by courier. The winner will need to pay for their own transport costs to receive their prize, but SM Cricket SA and SA Cricket magazine will be happy to treat them to a cup of coffee and some cake to celebrate. The winner will be selected by a panel made up of the SA Cricket magazine team and Genesis brand ambassadors. Terms and conditions apply.
Photo: Louis Botha/Gallo Images