South Africa have taken a 2-1 lead over Pakistan after the rain-curtailed proceedings in Centurion on Friday evening. Pink Day is next, and ANITHA MADIKIZELA takes a look at the stats ahead of the 4th ODI at the Bullring.
Rain spoiled the party at SuperSport Park, but the Pakistani batsmen made hay while the sun was out as Imad Wasim reached 500 ODI career runs. The prolific Imam-ul-Haq’s 101 off 116 (8×4) took the opener past the 1000 ODI-runs mark in his 19th innings – becoming the second-fastest batsman to the milestone behind countryman and fellow opener Fakhar Zaman, who took 18 innings to get there.
Proteas milestones to watch out for
- Hashim Amla is only 28 runs away from 1000 ODI runs against Pakistan, and still 83 runs short of overtaking Gary Kirsten’s 1054 runs to becoming SA’s third-highest run-scorer against Pakistan.
- Aiden Markram requires 93 runs to reach 500 ODI career runs, but looks set to sit on the sidelines once again for the 4th ODI in a row following Reeza Hendricks’ emphatic batting display on Friday.
- Kagiso Rabada needs only three more victims to reach 100 ODI wickets, and will hope to reach the milestone in front of his domestic home crowd at the Bullring.
- Andile Phehlukwayo still needs two more wickets to get to 50 ODI career wickets following his wicketless bowling spell in Centurion.
Pakistan milestones to watch out for
- Shadab Khan needs five wickets to reach 50 in ODIs and he will be eyeing a five-for on the unpredictable Wanderers pitch to reach the milestone in style.
- Mohammad Rizwan needs 40 more runs to reach 500 ODI career runs, and will be hoping to get a spot in the team for the 4th ODI after having been sidelined for the first three matches of the series.
- Captain Sarfaraz Ahmed is 58 runs away from 2000 ODI career runs. He will have a good chance of reaching the landmark in the highveld, where the ball travels far in the air.
Records at Wanderers
- Hashim Amla is 89 runs away from 500 ODI career runs at the Bullring.
Photo: Gianluigi Guercia/AFP/Getty Images