All six teams in South Africa’s new T20 franchise league are set to be bought by IPL franchise owners.
According to ESPNcricinfo, the Mumbai Indians, Chennai Super Kings, Lucknow Super Giants, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Rajasthan Royals and one of the owners of the Delhi Capitals have successfully bid for the franchises.
The inaugural tournament, which will effectively replace the failed Mzanzi Super League, is scheduled to take place in January and February.
SA franchises to be bought by IPL franchise owners:
- Chennai Super Kings – Johannesburg franchise
- Mumbai Indians – Cape Town franchise
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – Port Elizabeth franchise
- Lucknow Super Giants – Durban franchise
- Rajasthan Royals – Paarl franchise
- Delhi Capitals – Pretoria franchise