Dean Elgar is on the cover of the latest issue of SA Cricket magazine, which is now on sale in leading retail outlets.
Last season was an excellent one for the Proteas in the longest format, as they went unbeaten throughout to go from No 7 to No 2 in the world. While there were some outstanding performances from the likes of Faf du Plessis, Quinton de Kock and Kagiso Rabada, leading the way was Dean Elgar. He’s become the senior man at the top of the order, and put his experience to good use with three centuries and three fifties.
A healthy stint in the County Championship in England followed, and so much has he progressed this past season, that he’s been tasked with the captaincy in the absence of Du Plessis for the first Test against England at Lord’s. He’s one of the leaders in the side and his consistency and experience is going to be vital this season. For the first time ever, he’s deservedly on the cover of the latest edition.
Also in the new issue:
– We unpack what went wrong for the Proteas at the Champions Trophy as that 19-year wait for a major trophy continues.
– Graeme Smith takes us down memory lane when he retired three England captains on each visit, and discusses what it’s going to take to beat them again.
– Joe Root’s first stint as England captain is going to be against the Proteas, as he looks to be a them in England for the first time since 1998.
– We identify four players from the recently-concluded SA A series who are genuinely contending for spots in the Proteas squad.
– The Cobras were plagued by problems off the field last season, and it led to their troubles on it.
– Jason Smith is the new Smith on the block, and chats to us about becoming South Africa’s next great batting all-rounder.
– The Global T20 League is going to change the cricketing landscape in South Africa forever.
SA CRICKET MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION RATE
8 issues: R220 (incl VAT), Neighbouring states: R420; International: R720
SA CRICKET MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION ENQUIRIES
Phone (021) 416-0141, fax 086-567-1350, or email: [email protected]