All-rounder Chris Morris has spoken out about his omission from the Proteas’ squad for the upcoming T20 World Cup.
Morris, along with Faf du Plessis and Imran Tahir, were the shock omissions when the extended 18-man squad was announced by CSA on Thursday.
CSA director of cricket Graeme Smith said Morris had not made himself available for selection, which the player disputed.
“It’s a case of a massive breakdown in communication,” Morris said. “Once I said no to the 3TC game, all communications broke down after that.”
The 3TC match Morris referred to was played in July last year. While he did TV commentary for the event, alongside Smith, the two did not talk about Morris’ international future.
Morris insists “there are no hard feelings” about his continued exclusion.
“I was pissed off for a few months, but I got over it. Now I’m just looking forward to watching my mates perform well in the World Cup, I genuinely believe South Africa has a good chance of winning it,” he said.
Morris is currently in the UAE with the Rajasthan Royals, as they prepare for the resumption of the IPL.
Photo: Gallo Images